CT Beer Trail

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to pass along the information for everyone here who uses Untappd.  You can now earn a new badge by checkin-in your beers at the following 5 craft beer bars:

Prime 16
The Cask Republic
Delaney’s Restaurant & Tap Room
Mikro Beer Bar
Eli Cannons’s Tap Room

In order to earn this badge you will need to visit each place once and check-in a beer.  Make sure to have your foursquare account linked to your untappd account when checking in this beer.

For all those who may not use untappd, it pretty much is a new social networking mobile beer application that allows you to see what your friends are drinking, where they are drinking , and when did they drink a certain beer.   Pretty much foursquare for beer since you earn badges for certain types of beer you may drink.   You can create an account for free and start checkin-in your beers on any iphone, android, palm pre, or blackberry 6.0 smartphone.  www.untappd.com

You can even check-in your beers from your home computer, you just can't earn location basded badges, like this one, that way.

Cheers,

Kevin

Views: 226

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have been having trouble using this app. I can't seem to add any beers to my profile/list. Sometimes I can not get it to check me into bars. Anyone else have any problems?

I finally got the app working and after a software update it even had some better locations available to me. Oddly enough someone has added my condo complex as a location, so I can even check in when drinking at home...lol

I still can't figure out exactly how to use this app. Too many times the beers I'm drinking aren't on the list for the bar or brewery. I'm going to assume it is too difficult for them to keep it updated.

How do you search for specific beers? Does their website have a users guide?

I think you can add a new beer but I have never tried. I have found that some breweries are not entered the way you think. SBC for example is in by the full name of Southport Brewing Company and all their beers are in by the names used in Westport even though some have slight changes for the Stamford ones.

I had some problems entering in locations but that seems to have been corrected in the latest versions. I haven't figured out how to find nearby people yet. I have no idea if you can message people through it to say Hi.

RSS

Let's Get Social

Follow us on FaceBookReddit us!

Members

Blog Posts

MAGA

Posted by KMM on March 30, 2017 at 9:02am 0 Comments

After 8 years

Posted by KMM on February 7, 2017 at 1:10pm 2 Comments

In BEV

Posted by KMM on October 28, 2016 at 7:32am 0 Comments

Oktoberfest Release